Graduation should come with a Terms of Agreement...

by Ben at/on 5/18/2009 01:20:00 PM
in


So goodbye didn't exactly happen as expected...

To be honest, the moving out, nor the boxing things up, nor the process in general happened as expected...

But regardless, I find myself at the same desk with the same computer 100 miles from my previous blogging locale...

And at this all important crossroads in my life, you would think I would have huge, insightful words full of depth and truth...

Not so much.


You see, I thought I would spend the last week in my college hometown "livin' the dream", but by the time I realized what was happening, everyone was already gone...

Graduation takes so much energy and time that you don't even realize a lot of people you may never see again have already headed out...

And it makes me kinda sad...

Not like I'm gonna cry or anything... Just a little ache that life would change so quickly without so much as a chance to evaluate the correct way to do the goodbye thing...

If there is a correct way...



Do I sound devastated?

I'm not... Really, I'm not... Just early nostalgia, maybe...

I don't doubt that God has placed me on a path moving towards a goal both of which hard to see at this point...

But I still have my faith that there is something out there worth moving towards...

Longleaf Church is already a beautiful, wonderful thing...

My family has always been a beautiful, wonderful thing...

And me back in Middle Georgia may very easily prove to be a beautiful, wonderful thing...

It even excites me a little... The opportunity to get to relearn my old stomping grounds with 5 years of college behind me...

Things already look different...

They're not rose-colored, but they're certainly not bleak either...

They just look different...

And I'd say that five years ago, I probably looked a little different as well...

I'd like to think we're both a little prettier now...

And maybe I am seeing things through those rose-colored lenses after all...

Life changes...

My life changed...

Stick with me...

It's about to be an exciting ride...










(Sometimes I am way too cliche'... Noted.)


1 comments:

Jacob and Jessica Willis said...

Love it. Thanks for being my graduation buddy!

Post a Comment


 
Hit Counters
fineprint
(c) /THE MELODY AND THE NOISE/ · Using Blogger · Theme by EvanEckard · Blogger Template by Blogger FAQs and Mobi123